ABOUT THE PROJECT
BitTheSpectrum (“Augmented and Virtual Reality Technologies to Boost Literary and Social Emotion Skills in Autism Spectrum Disorder Students”, 2021-1-DE02-KA220-VET-000033091) is a three-year partnership for Vocational Education and Training co-financed by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.
The consortium involves five different organisations from Germany, Italy, Finland and Spain. BitTheSpectrum aims to match the experience and skills of new technology and ASD experts for increasing the quality of the teaching processes as well as the self-esteem and the social life of ASD people.
1- To increase the quality of the educational and “caregiving” process of staff working with people with ASD
2- To provide innovative and proper tools (AR/VR) to teachers, trainers and other staff members, for reaching the aim 1.
3- Increase the quality of the learning process of people with ASD in terms of Literacy and Social Emotion skills
4- To increase the quality of the VET inclusive education in the countries involved
5- To increase the cooperation among European different entities working in field of inclusive education, and technology development
· 5 Transnational Meetings and 5 Multiplier Events
· Need analysis of professionals dealing with ASD education
· Open online training related to AR and VR features for teachers of ASD students
· Development of methodology to create exercises using AR and VR for students with ASD
· Definition and development of 30 exercises using AR to support ASD students
· Definition and development of 5 exercises using VR to support ASD students · Study of the impact of the exercises in ASD student
• IO1 – Open online training related to AR and VR features for teachers of ASD students
It will aim to produce an open online course focused on the teachers
of special and VET education together with the ICT consultants.
• IO2 – Human Centred Design methodology to create exercises
using AR and VR for students with ASD
The methodology will have two versions depending on the use of AR
or VR. Some of the stages will be:
1) A first diagnosis of the learner (level of the ASD). It may be done
through previous and internal diagnosis of the special needs schools
2) Eye and/or face tracking in real pre-environment (VR)
3) Early prototypes (VR/AR)
6) Design of exercises
• IO3 – Set of 30 exercises using AR for students with ASD to boost
literacy and social emotion skills
The exercises will be co-developed according to the methodology for
AR and they can be transferrable to other AR platforms.
• IO4 – Set of 5 exercises using VR for students with ASD to boot social emotion skills
The exercises will be co-developed according to the R2 methodology for VR and based on VR technology including 360-videos and 360-photos
• IO5 – Study of the impact of the exercises in ASD students
It will be implemented within the centers working and studying
people with ASD.
The second project meeting
On December 7 and 8, partners of the Bit the Spectrum project met in Oulu, Finland for the second transnational meeting. This event will significantly benefit the project's next steps and outcomes for many reasons. On the one hand, visiting Luovi Vocational College...
The Monthly Meeting of the project
BitTheSpectrum project partners met online on 4th October to talk about the results of the research about autism and Augmented and Virtual Realities. The research phase is preparatory to the development of training courses addressed to teachers dealing with special...
Planning the project activities during the first meeting
BitTheSpectrum project had its first transnational meeting in Magdeburg, Germany, inside a fantastic museum dedicated to Otto Von Guericke, a very important scientist who also gave the name to the University of Magdeburg, coordinator of the project. The meeting...